Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Growing Up and Moving On

It is only March and this year has been a crazy but wonderful year already!

In January I made this my prayer for the year: That the Lord would pour blessings upon Sean and I in 2012.

Fast-forward a few weeks... Sean and I spent one Saturday looking at houses, not really expecting anything to come up that we liked in our price range, but sure enough we found something. We signed the contract the next day.

The following day our world got rocked when we needed to really pray about some situations and where God is calling us. We took a weekend and spent time together in prayer, Scripture and reading a book called, "The Circle Maker" by Mark Batterson. (I highly recommended it). God showed us that he is not through with us where we are at and gave us great clarity. So on we went with purchasing our first home!

The process of buying this home seemed way too good to be true, and sure enough... it became a pain! Two weeks after we were told we would be in the house we still weren't. When we went to sign everything it did not go as well planned as we had hoped, but finally by the end of February we were in our house! But of course stuff has to continue to go wrong right? A week after we were moved in we had to take Paisley (our Australian Shepherd) to the vet because she sounded like she could not catch her breath at night. Sean went to pick her up while I was at home cooking dinner. I went to clean some dishes but when I turned the faucet on, nothing came out! Now before you start thinking we did not take care of things in order to have water, let me assure you Sean did this. But when they came out that day to switch it over from the builder's name to ours they found a leak and could not switch it over, so they turned off our water instead. So Sean comes home, (finally from the Vet; none of Sean's Debit/Credit cards work due to his wallet, so he got stuck there for awhile trying to pay... this is important to know because he is not too happy and is coming to a house without water!) he goes outside and turns our water on! I was so proud and I am sure he felt super manly by being able to take care of his wife like that!

We are a year and a couple of months into our marriage and it has been a crazy, wonderful journey so far. God is teaching us so many things and has truly already blessed us beyond what any one can imagine so far this year... and I know there is more to come! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment