Thursday, March 29, 2012

And Then There Were...

So if you read my last post you know that we just moved into our house at the end of February, February 27th to be exact. Our house has this beautiful room with bay windows, it is so pretty. If I ever figure out how to upload pictures to this I will post pictures of it. When we looked at the home Sean quickly dubbed it as his office/music room, others were quick to say it will be a baby's room for when we have children.

So Monday as we are bringing in boxes (ok everyone but me brought in boxes) I would hear, "put it in the baby room", again we have already determined this is Sean's office/music room. As I hear that being said I kind of smile and laugh and say you know with all this talk about it we are probably going to find out that we are pregnant.

Wednesday, February 29th, I am having lunch with a friend, Amanda, at Chili's (a weekly ritual) and I told her I thought I would take a pregnancy test. Now one thing to know about me, I am super paranoid and take lots of pregnancy tests! So Amanda gets all giddy and I tell her I think I'm just gonna wait because I do this all the time. She ends up convincing me to go buy one on my lunch break and let her know immediately ha! So instead I tell her to go across the street with me to Wal-Mart, classy I know. So we go over and get one, and head to the bathroom...sure enough, I'm pregnant!!! I couldn't believe it so I took another when I got home and then another a couple days later. After three positives I decided to believe it was true, ha!

Yesterday, March 28th, was our first appt. We were able to see the baby's heartbeat which as really cool, the baby was hanging out upside down and cracked me up! The Dr. gave us great news saying that it is measuring properly and so far everything looks great. Our due date is expected around Oct. 31st. Sean is adorable (he will hate me for saying adorable!), he is so excited to be a Dad, I love it! I did find out from the Dr. though, during my appt., that I have a heart murmur; so I will be going in for an EKG sometime. Called my mom to find out that my pediatrician said I had a murmur when I was a baby, 25 years later I know ha! So just pray that it's nothing!

Now then, a lot of people have been thinking that this wasn't planned or it was an "oops", I will assure that is not the case. No baby is an accident, it is by God's grace and plan to provide us with such blessings. We knew we wanted a family, and I decided a long time ago I did not want to start having children when I was in my 30's, I wanted to start earlier. So Sean and I prayed that if God wanted to provided us with a child, He would do so, and we know He will provided and care for all of us. Remember from my last post that my prayer for this year is for the Lord to bless us, this is just another answer to that prayer!

If I ever learn how to upload pics on this thing I'll provide a pic of the sonogram! 

1 comment:

  1. woohoo!!! I'm so excited for you guys! It's been so much fun preparing for baby Josiah's arrival and I know ya'll will have a blast with it. It's funny how when you bought house you got pregnant and when we bought a house we got pregannt... hmmmm :)

    ReplyDelete